Become a Board member
Legs for Literacy / Courir pour lire Inc. exists to promote active community living, create accessible, professional experiences for runners and walkers, engage and leverage local volunteerism and our community’s unique spirit, and support literacy in South East New Brunswick, through the organization and execution of Greater Moncton’s premier running event.
We currently host the largest running event in New Brunswick with a program that is dedicated to meeting the needs of our community. The board is transitioning from a volunteer working board to a governing board. We are currently seeking new board members to address key areas pertaining to this shift.
We are seeking to fill 1 position with an individual who can commit to providing a leadership role in this organization on a volunteer basis.
Board Role: HR
Skills, experience, and qualifications
- Experience in HR or management: particularly in recruitment, and employee management/support
- Strong leadership abilities
- Administration as it relates to employees
- Attend monthly board meeting (1.5 hours)
- Work with Board of Directors and Transitioning Director on recruitment and hiring of Executive Director
- Update policies and procedures related to the management of Executive Director (ex. Employee Evaluation)
- Act as a point of contact for Executive Director on issues relating to HR
- Update policies and administration documents as needed as they pertain to the ED
Deadline for applications: Open until positions are filled
The Board is expected to meet in Moncton once per month.
This is a volunteer position.
Greater Moncton preferred
Interested candidates may submit a short bio/letter of intent and resume and any questions they may have for response to Krysta Cowling at